04 November 2010

J. Codec - Live in Los Angeles

On Halloween weekend, 2010, Source.CTRL (fellow fonotype label mate CTRL-S and I) dropped a massive five-and-a-half hour set on the Echo Park Underground. While I did bring out a whole stack of brand new tracks, I really love playing at that venue because of the crowd's open-mindedness; I can play more "left field" tracks than I can get away with at most venues. I can break down all the way into Martin Dawson's mellow, soulful vocals on Andre Crom's "Gonna Be Alright" or the eerie mind-warp techno of Phil Kieran's remix of Roel H's "Dancing Bears" - these types of tracks are excellent and rarely-heard at a typical club or rave.

The show was great, the crowd was having it, and about half a dozen people asked me if we were recording it. Sadly, we didn't record that show, but since so many people asked, I used the same Ableton set that I used at the party and recorded a similar set the next day on my Jazzmutant Lemur (shown in the pic above). Unfortunately, this isn't the same exact Source.CTRL set - CTRL-S' Serato wizardry isn't there - but some time in the near future I promise that Source.CTRL will post a live recording soon. Really, I promise - no more six-month delays!

So, I present Live in Los Angeles - a massive four-hour mix in four parts. This set feels a lot like the "live experience" - with four hours, I can take the audience through movements, starting off with some chill headnod deep house, progressing through minimal, tech, electro, jackin', tribal and dubby business as it goes. I also tried to keep it feeling nice and live by avoiding any post-production - I just sat down and recorded it straight through so you get it as-is, imperfections and all. Also, sorry about not posting the labels - there are just too many tracks here and I've spent all day preparing photos and video from the show, too. I'm exhausted!
  1. Angel Stoxx - Close Your Eyes
  2. Miles Maeda - My World (Giom 'Call My World' Remix)
  3. Andre Crom - Gonna Be Alright feat. Martin Dawson
  4. Kid Cudi - Day & Night (Jokers Of The Scene Remix, J. Codec Edit)
  5. Oxia & Eric Borgo - Plastic Bed
  6. Gregor Salto & DJ Gregory - Canoa
  7. Joe Maker - Minima Muchacho
  8. Ismael Rivas & Wally Lopez - Is Deeper
  9. AC Slater - Take You feat. Ninjasonik (Nadastrom Remix)
  10. Adam Beyer & Alexi Delano - Sleep Horn
  11. Phunk Investigation - Dark Floor
  12. Roy Rosenfeld - Balloons
  13. Noob - Petit Totocar
  14. Milton Jackson - Breathe (Roy Rosenfeld Remix)
  15. BSOD - Even More Sketchy
  16. Joan Reyes - It's Like
  17. Olivier Giacomotto & DJ Tonio - V1ru5
  18. Balthazar & JackRock - Olga
  19. Nick & Danny Chatelain & Roberto Serrano - Pikante (Mastiksoul Remix)
  20. Jquintel & Manufactured Superstars - Haste
  21. Nujax - Beat Gon' Boom (Dooze Jackers Remix)
  22. A.L.C.A. - Calling Africa (JASC Remix)
  23. Mark Reeve - Carlito
  24. Angel Stoxx - I Dropped My E On The Dancefloor
  25. Rah Band - Clouds Across The Moon (Neuroxyde & Aki Bergen Remix)
  26. Green Velvet - La La Land (Pleasurekraft 'Sideshow' Remix)
  27. Nicola Olivetti & Faith Inetas - Locongas (Jay Lumen Rework)
  28. Fedde Le Grand & Funkerman - The Joker
  29. HiJack - Can't Touch
  30. Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano - Pondo (Chuckie & Silvio Ecomo Remix)
  31. Justin Martin & Ardalan - Mr. Spock
  32. Mikix The Cat - Hot Block
  33. Afrojack - Polkadots 2010 (Oliver Twizt Remix)
  34. Crookers - Cooler Couleur (AC Slater Remix)
  35. Crookers - Put Your Hands On Me feat. Kardinall Offishall & Carla (BeatauCue Remix)
  36. Robin S. - Show Me Love (Afrojack Remix)
  37. M.I.A - Steppin' Up (Breakdown HARD LA Remix, J. Codec's "Not Too Hard" Edit)
  38. Shopliftas - Freak Out (Bass Kleph Remix)
  39. Roel H. - Dancing Bears (Phil Kieran Remix)
  40. Redman - I Hold The Crown (His Majesty Andre Remix)
  41. Roger Sanchez - 2Gether (DJ Chus & Robbie Taylor InStereo Remix)
  42. Jay Lumen - Do Not Cross
  43. Sebastien Leger - Mixtape (Umek Remix)
  44. Todd Terry, Prok & Fitch - Something's Going On
  45. Pitto - Feelin' (J. Codec Edit)
  46. Koen Groeneveld - Air Breaks
  47. HiJack & Brabe - Boogie
  48. Malente - I Like It (Riva Starr Remix)
  49. Swing Kids - Nonsense
  50. Binkers - Do It Right (J. Codec Edit)
  51. Santiago & Bushido - All That I Can Say
  52. Santos - Camels (Trick & Kubic Remix)
  53. Deadmau5 - SOFI Needs A Ladder (Roy Rosenfeld Remix)
  54. Spencer & Hill vs. Bastian Van Shield - Cantina (Bastian Van Shield Mix)
  55. Afrojack - Claudia
  56. Roy Rosenfeld - So Juicy
  57. Foamo - Here Comes
  58. Olivier Giacomotto - Back Down
  59. Audio Bullys - Flickery Vision (Tim Green Remix)
  60. Jack Beats - Revolution
  61. MC Flipside & Neon Stereo - This Noiz
  62. Erick Decks & David Puentez - In My Mouth feat. Lauren Neko (Nicky Romero Remix)
  63. Umek - Circles of Hell (Sebastien Leger Remix)
  64. Kobbe vs. Balthazar & JackRock - La Puneta (Dub Makers Remix)
  65. The Machine - Oosa
  66. Jay Lumen - Good Woodoo
  67. Round Table Knights - Cut To The Top
  68. Black Raw - Circo Nero
J. Codec - Live in Los Angeles
[Download part 1]
[Download part 2]
[Download part 3]
[Download part 4]

No comments: